Arizona State University (ASU) is a public research university located in Tempe, Arizona, United States. It founded in 1885 as Tempe Normal School, which became Arizona State Normal School in 1918 and Arizona State Teachers College in 1919. The university offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 fields of study.
A Student’s Guide to Arizona State University
Are you a student looking for a guide to Arizona State University? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll be covering everything you need to know about ASU – from the admissions process to student life on campus.
ASU is one of the largest public universities in the United States, with over 80,000 students enrolled. The university is located in Tempe, Arizona, just a few miles from downtown Phoenix.
ASU is a research-intensive university, with over $550 million in annual research expenditures. The university is home to two Nobel laureates and is rank in the top 100 universities worldwide for research output.
ASU is also a highly selective university, with an admissions rate of only 67%. This means that you’ll need to have strong grades and test scores to be admit
If you’re interest in attending ASU, keep reading to learn more about the admissions process and what life is like on campus!
The Admissions Process
To apply to ASU, you’ll need to submit an online application through the university’s website. You’ll also need to submit your high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
The admissions committee will review your application and decide whether or not to offer you admission. If you’re admitted, you’ll be notified by mail.
ASU does not have an early action or early decision admissions policy. All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and decisions are made as applications are received.
ASU does not offer merit-based scholarships, so you’ll need to submit a separate application for need-based financial aid.
ASU has a large and vibrant campus life, with over 500 student organizations to get involved in. There’s something for everyone at ASU, from Greek life to intramural sports to student media.
The university also has a strong athletics program, with over 20 NCAA Division I teams. ASU is especially well-known for its football team, which has won five national championships.
Why ASU is a great choice for students
There are many reasons why Arizona State University (ASU) is a great choice for students. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- ASU is one of the largest universities in the United States, with over 80,000 students enrolled. This means that there is a large and diverse community of students to interact with, making it easy to find friends and make connections.
- ASU is located in the beautiful city of Tempe, Arizona. The weather is great year-round, and there are plenty of things to do in the city.
- ASU is a research-intensive university, meaning that there are many opportunities for students to get involved in research projects. This is a great way to get experience in your field of interest and make connections with faculty members.
- ASU has a strong commitment to social justice and diversity. The university has several programs and initiatives in place to support students from all backgrounds.
- ASU is a great value for the money. The university offers a quality education at an affordable price.
Read Also: Why HSBC is a Top Choice for Global Banking Services
Leave a Reply